How to Make Delicious Lighter Chicken Parmesan
Light Chicken Parmesan with lean chicken breasts, crispy panko breadcrumbs, and a savory spaghetti sauce may be a healthy and straightforward dinner for busy nights.
|Photo by Yonko Kilasi from Pexels|
Chicken Parmesan is usually a crowd-pleaser in my house. From kids to adults, everyone loves crispy breaded chicken with spaghetti sauce and melty cheese. This version is lighter, faster and easier to form than most chicken parmesan recipes. Once you are trying it, expect regular requests for an encore!
Update: I’ve updated this oven-baked chicken parmesan recipe with new photos and cooking tips for you to enjoy.
How to Make Light Chicken Parmesan Within The Oven
To make this recipe as fast and straightforward as possible, i like to recommend having all of the ingredients and equipment out and at the ready. Including lining a baking sheet with foil and a wire rack on top.
To prepare your chicken breasts for breading, cut them into thin cutlets. do that by slicing the breasts horizontally, starting at the fatter end and dealing to the thinner end.
Cutting the breast in half horizontally helps them cook evenly and quickly without drying out.
When your chicken is ready , you'll toast the panko. i prefer to try to to this on the stove so I can keep an in depth eye on the breadcrumbs.
Once the breadcrumbs start to brown, they brown very quickly, so keep watch and stir often in order that they don't burn.
Tips for Coating Parmesan-Crusted Chicken
You will need three shallow dishes to coat your chicken breasts. One is for the flour and garlic mixture. Another is for the whisked egg whites. and therefore the third is for your parmesan and panko bread crumbs.
Work in an production line fashion to dredge the chicken in its parmesan coating.
- First, pat the chicken dry, then coat within the seasoned flour mixture and gently shake off any extra.
- Next, move swiftly to the egg whites and coat the chicken evenly, letting any extra drip off.
- Finally, lay the chicken breasts into the bread crumbs and cheese flip to coat as required . Shake off any extra.
Arrange the breaded chicken breasts on your prepared wire rack for baking. Before baking, spray all of the chicken breasts with vegetable oil . This helps the coating get crispier without adding extra oil.
Quick Spaghetti Sauce for Light Chicken Parm
This sauce may be a wonderfully flavorful compliment to the present meal. Plus, it’s very easy to form with just five ingredients, including salt. Add more or less red pepper flakes to fit your tastes.
Leftover spaghetti sauce are often stored in an airtight container for about 5-7 days within the refrigerator.
Serving Oven-Baked Chicken Parmesan
When your parmesan crusted chicken breasts are fully baked, generously cover them with spaghetti sauce . Then sprinkle generously with mozzarella cheese and return to the oven to melt the cheese. Watch closely therefore the cheese doesn’t brown or burn.
This light chicken parmesan pairs well with any steamed veggies, salad, or your favorite pasta for a well-rounded dinner.
To assemble beautiful plates, i prefer to spread a touch sauce on my plates first. Then I place a pigeon breast on top and garnish with fresh basil for a pop of green.
Store leftover chicken parm in an airtight container within the refrigerator. Note that the breadcrumbs will soften as they absorb the sauce on top.
More Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
Here are another favorite light and healthy chicken recipes for dinner:
Quick and easy black pepper chicken recipe, inspired by Chinese flavors. This one pot dinner idea is made with simple ingredients and ready in 30 minutes.
Easy Chicken Stir Fry recipe is loaded with fresh veggies and the most delicious sauce made with honey, soy sauce, and toasted sesame oil.
Instant Pot chicken cacciatore recipe is easy to make and just takes 3 minutes to cook. You just need 3 ingredients for this low carb dinner.
Lighter Chicken Parmesan
The Best Chicken Parmesan recipe, made a bit healthier! Breaded chicken cutlets are baked, not fried yet the chicken is so moist and full of flavor.
|Image Source: www.uniquegiftstips.com|
Servings: 4 Servings
Category: Main Dish
- One 24-ounce jar good-quality marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 12 ounces whole-wheat angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh mozzarella
- Preheat the broiler to medium. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Combine the marinara sauce and balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, combine the breadcrumbs, half the Parmesan, half the parsley and some salt and pepper. Put the beaten egg whites in a separate shallow dish. Coat the chicken tenders in the egg whites first, then dredge in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the package instructions.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Pour the tomato sauce over the chicken, scatter the mozzarella and remaining Parmesan evenly over top and broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the pasta. Serve with the chicken and garnish with the remaining parsley.
Label: chicken Recipes, poultry, chicken parmesan recipe, easy chicken parmesan recipe