The Best Easy Yellow Rice
The Best Yellow Rice Easily complements almost any meal. You can make it on the stove or in a rice cooker. Very tasty! We are a large rice family, mainly because I am a very large rice gal. Rice is of course my favorite side dish, so my family is devastated. I can eat rice completely plain. The tamari and sriracha drizzle definitely brightens it up, but I'm not being picky.
|Image Source: www.uniquegiftstips.com|
Best Easy Yellow Rice
The yellow rice recipe is one of our family's favorite side dishes. It really is "really easy" and perfect for almost anything! You will make them plain or season them with other foods. If you are in a hurry and don't have time to shape it on the stove, you will also throw away all the ingredients during the rice cooker and roll up the straw like that. My family loves these light and fluffy carrots and you will love them too!
What is Yellow Rice?
Yellow rice is basically polished rice which is colored with turmeric or turmeric spices when prepared. This yellow rice recipe involves turmeric but you will easily substitute for the turmeric and get the equivalent bright yellow color and slightly tangy taste. yellow rice is a traditional dish of Spain, Cuba, India and Indonesia, as well as many more. light enough that you can serve it with 1,000,000 different recipes.
Variations of Yellow Rice Recipe
The possibilities for this rice recipe are endless! Mix and match all of that to make an easy yellow rice side dish that's perfect for your next family meal.
- Adding frozen peas or carrots to rice while cooking is easy thanks to the added color, texture and added nutrients.
- Make this dish Cajun style by adding diced onions, red and / or green chilies, and diced jalapeno while sautéing the rice. Sprinkle with the Cajun seasoning before adding the chicken stock. After the rice is done cooking, add the grilled smoked sausage, shrimp or chicken. Red or black beans make food warmer and tastier.
- For a more Indian flavor, add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, four cardamom and some golden raisins before boiling. Very tasty!
- Add this dish to your Mexican feast by adding jalapeno and diced onions to the rice while sautéing and sprinkling a little cumin before adding the stock.
The Easiest Way To Make Easy Yellow Rice
The Best Yellow Rice Easily complements almost any meal. You can make it on the stove or in a rice cooker. Very tasty! We are a large rice family, mainly because I am a very large rice gal.
Servings: 4 Servings
Cuisine: Indian, Mexican, Spanish
Category: Side Dish
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt or to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the rice and gently stir until rice begins to lightly brown.
- Add garlic, onion powder, and turmeric and stir until well mixed in.
- Slowly stir in chicken broth and raise heat to medium-high. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the mix to a boil then turn the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid.
- Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and add cilantro, and fluff with a fork. Serves 4.
Label: Yellow Rice, Side, Side Dish