squash chili -
- 2 pounds butternut squash peeled and diced into 1/2-inch chunks
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can black beans drained
- 15 ounce can pinto beans drained
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth plus 2 tablespoons for sautéing
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo chopped
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1.5 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- cilantro for garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth in a 5-quart dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add garlic, chipotles, and butternut squash to the pot, cooking for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more vegetable broth if the pot gets dry.
- Add the bell pepper, cooking for about 5 minutes.