Butternut Squash Alfredo Pasta
- 4 strips of applewood bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 cups butternut squash cubes
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoon diced fresh sage
- 1 1/2 tablespoon diced fresh thyme
- 1 cup 2% milk
- salt to taste
- 2 lb. gluten free pasta (I used quinoa pasta)
- In a large skillet add the butter and red onion. Saute until slightly soft, about 1-2 minutes.
- Next add in the garlic, saute for 30 seconds, stir and add the butternut squash, chicken stock, sage, and thyme. Stir and cover. Cook until the butternut squash is fork tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- When the squash is tender, add the squash to a food processor along with the milk and salt to taste. Puree until smooth.