Vegan Crazy Dough
- 2 1/2 cup (550 ml 550 g) non-dairy milk, lukewarm
- 2 tsp sugar
- 80 g fresh yeast or 4 tsp active dry yeast or 4 tsp instant yeast
- 6 2/3 cup all-purpose flour 1 kg
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp + 1 tsp oil
- If you’re using instant yeast, mix it directly to flour. For other types of yeast, in a small bowl combine lukewarm milk with sugar and yeast. Let stand until yeast activates, about 10 minutes. The yeast will become foamy and start expanding.
- Put the yeast mixture together with remaining ingredients in a bowl of your food processor or mixer. Mix well until you get soft dough, similar to pizza dough. If the dough seems too dry (depending on the kind of flour you’re using), add a little bit more of milk or water. If it is too soft, add just a little bit of flour.
- You can start using Vegan Crazy Dough immediately. Shape it any way you like, wait a little bit until it starts expanding (about 15-20 minutes in the warm kitchen), then pop in hot oven.