ONE PAN PORK CHOPS WITH APPLES AND ONIONS
- 2 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 3-4 oz bone-in pork chops whatever with comfortably fit in your pan
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard or whole-grain Dijon
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 medium apples thinly sliced (I used Gala)
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- Season both sides of pork chops with kosher salt and black pepper. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to large heavy bottomed pan (or skillet), and heat over MED-HIGH heat. Add pork chops to pan, leaving at least an inch between the chops to ensure even cooking and browning. Sear 3-5 minutes per side, or until pork chops are mostly done. Chops will continue cooking in the sauce later.
- Remove pork chops to a plate.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together chicken stock and mustard, set aside.