The Pioneer Woman’s Best Chicken Dinner Recipes
When it comes to dinner time, no one does a simple and simple recipe like MIYMChicken (Melt In Your Mouth Chicken). Chicken is one of the most popular andwidely used versatile proteins, and we have lots of delicious recipes suitablefor the whole family or when you're just cooking for one.
MIYM Chicken is one of the Hottest Recipes of All Time
This MIYM Chicken has been a serious hit with readers over the past year, Iwanted to update the post and recipe and include some tips and tricks thatI've even discovered since I posted it a year ago!
We eat more chicken recipes at our house than any other meat, like my BalsamicChicken, my Cheesy Artichoke Chicken, My Crescent Chicken… the list goes onand on. And in fact, chicken nuggets are basically the right food… soooo.Chicken is just a simple starting line for dinner, and you only need a fewingredients to make it completely different each night you use it!
What is MIYM Chicken?
MIYM Chicken is an abbreviation of Melt In Your Mouth chicken. This is one ofthe classic and easy chicken recipes I'm sure you'll have had at some point inyour life. My mom wouldn't make it with mayonnaise and even though it's fine,I always thought she might go overboard with a touch. I think there is a fineline with mayo.
However, to put the whole debate aside, I made use of sour cream in my recipe,which seems to please everyone, because it is so undetectable. sour cream alsosoftens chicken breasts, so you finish with these very juicy and flavorfulpieces of chicken on your plate. Very good!
Plus, there's cheese involved during this chicken recipe, and everyone knowsthe cheese… too much = perfect.
Picky Eater Approved
If you look at the recipe here, you will see that the ingredients are verysimple. But what I love most about some good chicken recipes is that everyonein the house agrees that it's a keeper!
So, I kept the flavors light and minimal, but still nice, moist, anddelicious! Chicken dishes are often boring and bland at times, but I've brokenthe code, and found that simple ingredients used in the right way can workdinner magic!
Plus, there are lots of ways to customize the ingredients over the years tosuit any flavor profile! If you have a picky family, I almost promise they'lllove this recipe.
What you need
The preparation time for this Melt In Your Mouth Chicken Recipe is literally afew minutes. This is what you need:
- Boneless Chicken Breast: Here's how it affects the chicken breast, the thinner it is, the faster it is roasted. I prefer breasts that are sliced "medium", so they are not too thin, but not thick. Make sure to time your grilling according to the thickness of your breasts.
- Sour Cream: This adds moisture to your chicken. You will use Plain Greek Yogurt or mayonnaise instead.
- Parmesan Cheese: I really like to use Parmesan Cheese for this dish because it has a lot of flavor. You will definitely use another type of cheese, but I might recommend using a cheese that is slightly sharper, such as Gruyere, additional Sharp Cheddar, or Asiago.
- Seasoning: this is often where you'll be creative and adapt recipes to accommodate all the voters in your life! The recipe is written with classic seasonings like garlic powder and flavorings, but you'll be using a lot of spices to modify it! Make it Tex-Mex and use Cumin, make it with a touch of Italian style and add Basil or Italian Seasoning, or maybe add smoked paprika and cayenne pepper for a smoky and hot touch! I really like chicken recipes like this one that are so adaptable!
How to Make MIYM Chicken
Okay, let's start cooking! Here's how to make this super easy chicken recipe:
- Prepare your tools. Preheat your oven to 375F. Line a 9 × 13 pan with PAM and set aside.
- Prepare the MIYM mixture. During a medium bowl, combine sour cream, garlic powder, flavoring, pepper, and 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Add the MIYM mixture to your chicken. Place the chicken breast in the pan you have prepared for a row, then spread the MIYM mixture on top. Top with more Parmesan cheese.
- Burn. This chicken recipe cooks in 25-30 minutes.
- Grilling. I prefer to grill the chicken for 2-3 minutes, just until it's lightly browned on top.
Tips for fulfillment
The best thing about this chicken dish adge, covered with cling film, untilyou're reading to bake it. Remove the wrapping and continue with the remainderof the recipe.
How to tell when your chicken is done?
As with any chicken recipe, the solution here is yes supported the thicknessof the boneless chicken breasts you employ. If your pigeon breast s aretrimmed thin they're going to bake faster than a thick chicken breast.
You bake the chicken until the juices run clear, but if you're concerned aboutthe doneness, use a thermometer and bake until the chicken reaches an indoortemperature of 165 ° F.
What happens if there's tons of liquid within the pan?
This is a really common issue with this, and every one baked chicken recipes.Let me explain.
Chicken naturally releases juices because it is cooked, and since you'rebaking this during a dish, those liquids haven't any place to travel, exceptfor… well… the baking dish. You don't notice it the maximum amount once youare pan frying chicken due to the high pan temperature the liquid evaporatesquickly, but in an oven at 350 ° F, it won't evaporate fast.
But don't worry, it's completely normal! Just drain the liquid, it'll be fine!you'll drain the liquid before or after you pop it under the broiler.
The amount of liquid the chicken releases also varies thanks to a couple ofreasons:
- Overcrowding the pan. If you've got a less crowded pan, the liquids will have more area to spread, naturally creating a thinner layer of liquid, which can evaporate faster.
- Not searing the meat. Searing meat locks within the juices in order that they don't release the maximum amount as non-seared meat. you'll absolutely sear the chicken for this chicken recipe, to stop this if it bothers you, but it's not necessary.
- Quality of Chicken. this will potentially be a debatable issue, but from my research, there are some chicken producers that soak their chicken during a chlorine-water solution during production to kill bacteria, and this will be absorbed into the meat causing more liquid. this could be labeled on the packaging, so make sure out as a possible reason you're getting an more than liquid.
Again, the liquid that chicken breasts release can vary, but it's nothing toworry about, and is natural. Just drain it!
Melt In Your Mouth (MIYM) Chicken Breasts Recipe
A retro/nostalgic & easy MIYM (Melt In Your Mouth) chicken recipe that is in constant rotation in my house!
Total Time: 25Minutes
Category: Dinner, Healthy Recipes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 pounds boneless chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sour cream, garlic powder, seasoned salt, pepper, and 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Place the chicken breasts evenly into the pan. Spread the sour cream mixture on top of the chicken. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Turn the oven to broil and place the pan under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Serve immediately.
Label: Chicken, Chicken Breasts, Chicken Recipe, Melt in Your Mouth Chicken, MIYM Chicken, Parmesan, Sour Cream