Chicken Fajita Bake (Paleo + Whole30)
We are huge fans of tacos, fajitas and pretty much anything with Mexican flavors! And of course we love simple, quick and easy meals. So, this Paleo and Whole30 chicken fajita bake is basically where all the things collide! You'll love this flavor-packed Paleo and Whole30 sheet pan meal that's ready in just 35 minutes!
- For the marinade:
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- For the fajitas:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 breasts)
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin strips
- 2 bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- For shells and toppings:
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 bunches broad leaf greens bibb, romaine, chard, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing all of the marinade ingredients together in a bowl or shallow dish.
- Slice up your chicken into 1/2 by 1 inch strips. Place the chicken in the bowl/dish with the marinade. Mix well so that all of the strips are covered with the marinade. Set aside to marinate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.